Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thing 13 - Horror Read

My "scary" search on Library Thing brought me to two children books I am going to read to my kids. These are from the authors they would read anything by: Dav Pilkey and Robert L. Stine. I imagine they are more funny than scary, but what's wrong with a good laugh on a Halloween night? I really like how Library Thing gives you a list of sites where you can buy or swap a book, reviews are nice, even though I noticed that they generally don't offer as many as Amazon. I wonder if this thing hasn't picked up on the level of big book seller sites - libraries could really make it happen. Searching and subject tagging are clearly their strong points, as well as popularity index and statistics. You could feel that our MLS pros are behind many of these ideas. I would join with my library, but the thought of cataloging all of my personal books scares me to pieces!

No comments: