Monday, October 27, 2008

Thing 12 - Favorite Podcasts

This is my special area of interest, as I am trying to create an online audio archive for our organization. We will not have daily updates, but will probably produce 1-2 new lectures and programs each month. Is this still called podcasting?

I have been listening to NPR, BBC, and Radio Free Europe podcasts before, but, thanks to this course, just discovered StratFor's Daily Podcast - it has a broad international coverage and a non-hurried manner of news presentation, which makes it sound different. In searching for interesting topics, I also came across great language learning resources featuring podcasts, like Free Language and Radio France International with "slow language" programs for non-native speakers and students. I am always learning some new language, so this is a great finding. I will try to listen to news in "slow French" daily from now on: they are a bit easier to understand than regular speed French :) Looks like language learning CD's and tapes will be out of business in no time...

No comments: