Monday, October 20, 2008

Thing 9 - My Photos and Discoveries

Check out this Knowledge Sponge photo of a Cambridge building that came up in my search for Boston architectural sites on Flickr. What a nice metaphor to the work we do in libraries! It's amazing how quickly these photo sharing services filled with artistic photos and moving images. Being in charge of the Back Bay historic archive, I hope to see more historic black and white photos of our facades and skylines (could not find many of those on Flickr). The BPL project to make the postcard images public sounds great! I wish all local archives would do the same! There is a Digital Commonwealth initiative going on to integrate all Massachusetts historic archives. If anyone works for a participating library, let me know what your experience is.

Going Extra Mile: I've been using Picasa for some time, both for work and family pictures. Here is a link to the Album I created from the negative film found in our archives and turned into a historic exhibit.

No comments: