Saturday, October 18, 2008

Remembering Milk for Thing 8

I looked at the Task Management tools out there and decided that Remember the Milk would be best for me. Cute cow face paired with the simple, almost kid-friendly, tab interface, makes it a bit less boring than other todos: one needs to be cheered up on that Monday morning after all. I think it is a Dutch company: I like how they let you choose the date/time format and insert dates when you just type day of the week. [Correction from Olga: it is an Australian company - I've just been fooled by accidently getting into their Nederlands log in page - one of several foreign language interface options :) I still think they have a great international appeal with the european date format and military time choices. I am using it! ]. I will try to use it for work - it's time to get rid of the paper clutter!

2 comments:

Jennifer Koerber said...

I'm using RTM as well, after a quick review of the sites I listed. No surprise, but for me the clincher was the easy integration with GMail/Calendar. I used it for ramping up to 26.2 Things, and it was a great way to keep things at the top of my Do This! pile.

By the way, what makes the ease of use make you think it's a Dutch company? Particularly good interaction with Dutch products?

Olga said...

Hi Jennifer! Should have explained myself better about Dutch roots :)I liked the friendly way they suggest the european date format first - I am used to using US inverted month/date by now, but can't help appreciating the old-fashioned choice (same goes for "military" time):) I've recently visited Holland, and somehow felt they had a gift for making everything look kid-friendly. The cow face certainly worked well to buy my attention :)