Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thing 26 - Finish Line and Related Events

I've just examinded several online event planners, which have all been slightly different from Evite. CityCita has indeed a very interesting aproach to group events, I just hope it picks up the volume for Boston. Let me point out one more of my favorites here, SocializR, a hassle-free party planner, which interface I liked the best after beeing tired of seeing the same Evite card designs over and over again.

26.2 Things in Boston has been a great course, but, sadly, it is coming to an end... It has been fun to learn about social technologies in such fun and interactive way. I did not know I could blog away for weeks. I am looking forward to a graduation event (RSVP sent), and would like to thank our teacher and coach Jennifer for running this program. I sincerely hope to use Web 2.0 tools in our library and archives: podcasting, social bookmarking, online classroom, and micro-blogging all make perfect sense for our environment. Not to mention great places, like Yelp, Etsy, Lulu.com, LibraryThing, Remember the Milk, Pandora - all discovered in the course of this course. They are good to take not just to work, but anywhere life puts me. So good night and thanks for reading :)

No comments: